Who invented the modern internal combustion engine
Milestones in science and technology
- Rapeseed consumes a lot of agricultural land; Rights: Mauritius
- Natural gas is cheaper than conventional fuels; Rights: AP
All fuels that are made from crude oil have the same disadvantage: when they burn, carbon dioxide is produced, a gas that is harmful to the climate. That is why more environmentally friendly alternatives have been sought for a few years.
Biodiesel: Rudolf Diesel was already experimenting with peanut oil when he was looking for a suitable fuel for his engine. For a few years now you can get the so-called "biodiesel" at every petrol station. This consists largely of vegetable oil. Vegetable oil also burns to carbon dioxide, but since the plants have previously removed this from the atmosphere, no new gas is produced.
Bioethanol: The more environmentally friendly alternative bioethanol is now also available for gasoline engines. This alcohol is made from plant waste. It can be used as fuel either alone or mixed with gasoline, but it is so aggressive that many engines in older models cannot tolerate it.
Natural gas: Another alternative for the gasoline engine is the drive with natural gas. Natural gas produces much less carbon dioxide than gasoline or diesel. In addition, there are significantly fewer other pollutants such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides or soot particles. Natural gas is significantly cheaper than other fuels, but you also need your own tank for it.
These biofuels are also hotly debated: Although fewer pollutants are produced when they are burned, carbon dioxide, for example, is released during production. Fields where people used to grow food are now often turned into biofuel plantations. Therefore, food is becoming scarce in some parts of the world. One thing in particular helps to protect the environment: leave the car standing still more often!
- Do psychopaths have any inherent personality deficiencies?
- How did we know about black holes
- What should an ENFP learn
- What are 5 historical facts about Morocco
- What is the placebo effect and the blinding
- What does central bank mean
- What's the most disgusting thing you've done
- What is a JVM language
- Smoking permanently damages your throat
- How can a student like math
- What was Lise Meitner best known for?
- What makes the seat belt alarm
- What browsers do hackers use
- What is the national animal of Azerbaijan
- What is your opinion on this question
- What is FIFA Mobile
- Artificial sweeteners satisfy the appetite
- What do Martians look like
- Is Michael Vogel a Jew?
- How Often Should I Restart Linux Server?
- What does relics mean
- Which photo best describes Chennai?
- Why do I involuntarily take a deep breath
- Narendra Modi performs an illusion of reform
- How does TestFlight make money
- What can Great Britain learn from France?
- What cars have GPS built
- What is your favorite essential oil diffuser
- Does a bank change affect your balance?
- Who inspired you to paint?
- Builds Callisthenics muscles
- How was your COMEDK result in 2019
- Is narcissism and obsessive-compulsive disorder linked