What vitamins does orange juice have
Orange Juice Day
Replace one of the 5 recommended servings of fruits and vegetables per day with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice. It's a real vitamin C bomb, but it also contains a lot of minerals. A reason to process juicy pressed oranges into a refreshing glass of orange juice more often.
Homemade orange juice - a vitamin-rich freshness kick
Nothing beats a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice - refreshing, fruity and delicious! May 4th, is the international day of orange juice (in English National Juice Day). Especially here in Germany, this fruit juice is one of the most popular. It is the ideal addition to a successful breakfast with croissants and jam, but it also tastes delicious with a high-fiber musli with yoghurt and fruit.
Four facts about the orange juice
- Orange juice is the most widely consumed juice and therefore accounts for 50% of global fruit juice consumption, which corresponds to 12 billion liters of fresh orange juice. In Germany, the average orange juice consumption in the year is 7.8 liters per person.
- Half of the oranges that are then processed into a refreshing fruit juice come from the growing region of Brazil. The Brazilians thus cover approx. 80% of the world orange juice trade.
- The largest importer at the moment is the European Union, which handles around two thirds of global orange juice exports.
- Oranges are very healthy. Their juice also contains a lot of vitamin C, a high proportion of magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin B1 and folate.
What's in the orange juice?
The orange is a real nutrient depot. In addition to a high amount of vitamin C, it also contains a large amount of fiber, carotenoids and flavonoids in pressed form. These antioxidants protect our body cells from harmful environmental influences such as stress, disease and stress. Due to their provitamin A activity, carotenoids play an important role in our diet. Due to the high concentration of vitamin C, a glass of orange juice with 150 ml with a fruit content of 100% can cover more than half of the recommended daily ration of this vitamin.
A glass of freshly squeezed orange juice contains the following nutrients per 100 ml:
- Energy value: 42 kcal / 175 KJ
- Protein: 1.0 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.3 g
- Fat: 0.2 g
- Dietary fiber: 1.6 g
- Vitamins: Vitamin C - 50 mg, Vitamin E - 0.3 mg, Vitamin B1 - 0.09 mg
- Minerals: iron - 0.4 mg, zinc - 0.2 mg, magnesium - 14 mg, potassium - 165 mg, calcium - 42 mg, phosphorus - 22 mg
And how is freshly squeezed orange juice made?
This is actually quite simple. Because of their sweetness and juiciness, the oranges Valencia, Navelina, Hart’s Tardiff and the Hamlin orange are ideal for making your own freshly squeezed orange juice.
If you want to know how you can make a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice yourself, take a look at the instructions on youtube.
Freshly squeezed orange juice cuts a fine figure on every breakfast table. Because it is made in-house, a glass of homemade orange juice contains a much higher concentration of vitamins.
Our tip: Take the opportunity and try our orange juice boxes. With the enclosed juicer you can quickly and easily make your own freshly squeezed orange juice. An ideal vitamin kick for the day. Or you can give away the juice boxes to a loved one who is close to your heart.
(Sources: https://www.kuriose-feiertage.de/tag-des-orangensaft/, https://eatsmarter.de/ernaehrung/gesund-ernaehren/oefter-mal-ein-glas-orangensaft, https: // fddb.info/db/de/lebensmittel/selbst_machen_orangensaft_frisch_gepresst/index.html)
- Is PS plastic recyclable
- What is meant by EIGRP and OSPF
- Overcharging iPhones will damage it
- What are the safe apps to earn
- Superstition is forbidden in Islam
- Drop down menus are patented
- What happens when we eat plastic
- When did the Himalayan mountains form?
- What's your best knight tip
- How is the GED rated
- How can I make my girl hot
- Is order synonymous with a clean mind
- When was Shankaracharya born
- What martial art is good for beginners
- Why do F1 cars not have an automatic transmission
- Koreans are less polite than the Chinese
- Why do you need local SEO
- How is dental plaque collected
- Can we use items in front of gerunds
- Whole wheat toast is healthy for you
- Where can I get marijuana in Chennai
- How to say grandma in Japanese
- Koreans are less polite than the Chinese
- What are Arijit Singh's key qualities