Which animals eat their young and why
The wolf mainly eats meat, although it also accepts carrion. The number and type of possible prey varies depending on the area. The wolf mainly prefers red deer, roe deer, elk, etc., but it also kills rabbits and even mice. By hunting as a pack, the wolf is able to kill animals that are considerably larger than they are themselves. Humans may have learned certain hunting techniques and strategies for killing large prey from the wolf. The prehistoric man may even have nourished himself directly from the wolves' hunting success at one time or another. Attacks on domestic animals are comparable to the selective selection of sick and weak wild animals, which no longer show a natural escape behavior. Young, inexperienced wolves, whose packs were destroyed by the death of the lead wolves, for example, attack livestock more often.
The minimum amount of food that an adult animal needs to eat is around 2.5 kg per day. Nevertheless, a starved wolf can also devour up to 10 kg of meat. Once a prey has been killed, the innards are first exposed in order to then begin eating, in order of rank. This more or less often leads to conflicts, which are then usually resolved with threatening gestures.
The hunting tactics of the wolf are very variable. He masters chasing, long-term hunting and ambushing prey. The hunt is mainly used in sparsely vegetated areas. Here, a prey animal is separated from the herd in order to be able to kill it more easily. Then it is hunted until it can no longer offer any resistance from exhaustion. A wolf can do a short sprint to fifty to sixty kilometers per hour. Another interesting variant of the hunt is long-term hunting, in which ruminants are prevented from resting, which is essential for their digestion. As a result, painful colic develops over time, which makes the weakened animal easy prey. The so-called throat bite (a targeted bite in the throat) is usually a typical feature of the tungsten.
Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Thu: 8.30 a.m. - 1 p.m., 2 p.m. - 5.30 p.m.
ContactOffice for Hunting and Fishing
Landhaus 6 - Peter Brugger, Brennerstraße 6
Phone +39 0471 415170
Tel. +39 0471 415171
Fax +39 0471 415166
- Can apply for Para Commando naval personnel
- Hyperparathyroidism can lead to weight gain
- Why did most of the utopias begin?
- What's open on Thanksgiving
- Why do feijoa plants grow so slowly
- How do monkeys have sex
- What is the city of jazz
- Should I trust bitcoins
- How do I become a Japanese interpreter
- Who's so Dhoni
- What is data management
- Bridge card game What are common psyches
- Why do some people smoke around others
- Which internships should first-year students do
- What is the gas in a geode
- Is it good or bad to settle in India?
- Dean Martin was actually a terrible actor
- How did you give yourself the opportunity
- How do I calculate sin10
- Your tinnitus is causing insomnia
- What will smartphones look like in 2050
- What do bankers know that others don't
- Can I name my child Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis
- How to throw a healthy salad