What Causes Breakthrough Bleeding During Early Pregnancy
Bleeding During Pregnancy: What To Do?
However, the bleeding is usually much weaker than the menstrual period. In these cases, the gynecologist sometimes prescribes medication containing the luteal hormone progesterone in order to stabilize the hormone level somewhat.
Miscarriage: If the bleeding is accompanied by pain and cramps, there are often more serious causes behind it. "Then sometimes an early miscarriage is actually the reason," says Ramsauer.
Ectopic pregnancy: Bleeding often also occurs in what is known as an extrauterine pregnancy, in which the fertilized egg has lodged in the fallopian tube instead of in the uterus. If they are accompanied by pain, the following applies: see a doctor or the gynecological clinic immediately! An ectopic pregnancy can be life threatening.
Bleeding in the second half of pregnancy
Bleeding occurs less often in the second half of pregnancy. "The causes are often more serious," says Angresius.
Placenta previa: The bleeding often stems from an unfavorable placenta position, for example if it is in the immediate vicinity of the cervix. "It can bleed during exertion or sexual intercourse," explains the doctor. Women with a so-called placenta previa are therefore advised to take it easy and avoid sex. Sometimes hospitalization is also necessary.
Emergency placental detachment: An emergency is premature placental detachment, in which the placenta separates from the wall of the uterus before the baby is born. It is accompanied by bleeding, severe pain, and a hard stomach. The reason can be an abdominal trauma, for example, triggered by a serious car accident or a blow in the stomach. "Depending on the extent of the detachment, a caesarean section is necessary immediately," explains Ramsauer.
Drawing bleeding: On the other hand, the so-called drawing bleeding, which can occur around the due date, is normal. "Because the cervix opens, it then bleeds," explains Ramsauer. However, if this happens well before the calculated due date, there may be a risk of premature birth - for example caused by an infection. Gynecologist Ramsauer therefore advises: "If you have any doubts, it is essential to have it clarified in the clinic."
- Tuberculosis is caused by
- How can meditation improve my life
- How are the MAPSKO projects in Gurgaon
- What is the opposite of optimism
- Which empire competed with the Persian Empire
- How is TikTok different from Vine
- Can you decipher the word CWBOOY?
- What is a RORO broadcast
- How do I trust medication in nursing
- What do you think about ADHD
- A biotech engineer works with computers
- There are famous artists from Texas
- Does the IUD cause problems for you
- How do I create an FTP folder
- Which colleges have the most loyal students?
- Do bacteria live or not
- Who invented the Antikythera Mechanism
- What is the reading error in measurements
- What can catapults do?
- What two chemicals recognize V1 receptors
- What factors affect house prices
- What is a tight system in science
- 173 is prime
- What does prey mean in American English