Which essential oils can help with gas
The sick have been treated with essential oils for thousands of years. The spectrum of therapies is diverse. The oils are supplied to the body in the form of baths, massages or rubs. They get inside through the skin and develop their effect there. In the opinion of general practitioner, naturopath and biologist Peter Emmrich, aromatherapy can help "with almost all ailments". However, the applications also have limits. Incorrectly dosed, essential oils can have a toxic effect.
An alternative to rubbing in is room scenting. For example, an oil lamp with an orange and cedar scent in a room can ensure that those present relax. There are pills that develop an aroma in the body after ingestion, capsules with eucalyptus oil, for example, which are supposed to help with colds.
How do certain oils work in practice? For example, incense was used to disinfect wounds in ancient times, says Emmrich, Vice President of the Central Association of Doctors for Naturopathic and Regulatory Medicine. Myrrh drops could help with fungal infections in the intestines. In turn, essential oils from clove had a pain-relieving effect in many cases. And the scent of sandalwood can support the body in healing wounds.
Effect similar to paracetamol
According to studies, when applied to the painful areas on the forehead and temples, ten percent peppermint oil should reduce tension headaches - and its effectiveness is comparable to known active ingredients such as paracetamol and acetylsalicylic acid, according to the practice guidelines of the German Society for Pain Medicine. On the go, smelling bottles with neroli oil can provide relaxation, as Emmrich explains: "You can hold this scent of an orange-lemon mixture under your nose in a stressful situation."
A remedy for athletes is Immortelle. For example, in the case of bruises or muscle tension, you put a few drops of this oil on the body part, this is supposed to promote healing.
But it's not just about physical problems: Aromatherapy has proven its worth, especially for anxiety disorders, depression and insomnia, says cell physiologist Professor Hanns Hatt. The laboratory has shown that fragrances in lavender oil act on the same receptors in the brain as sleeping pills, Valium for example. The cell physiologist has minor complaints in mind: "In the case of very massive disorders, aromatherapy usually does not work," says Hatt.
Never pure in the bath
According to Peter Emmrich, one advantage of essential oils is: "They are not addictive, regardless of whether you use them internally or externally."
If you want to try aromatherapy, you should seek advice from a doctor, non-medical practitioner or an aromatherapist who specializes in naturopathic treatments. It is generally expedient to use fragrances with which the patient associates pleasant experiences, explains Hatt.
Very important: "The essential oil should always be used in the correct dilution," emphasizes Stadelmann, President of the Essenzia Forum. As a bath additive, for example, essential oil should never be added to the tub pure, as this could cause skin irritation. It is better to mix the oils with two tablespoons of honey and dilute them in the bath water. The doctor, alternative practitioner or therapist will find out which dosage is best in the individual case. During massages, the essential oil never comes directly onto the skin, but is diluted with carrier oils such as almond oil. (dpa)
- Via hypokaliaemia, it is a curable disease
- What does L L
- Why not Bitcoin goods
- Should entertain or educate a theater
- Which is India's first private police station
- Fracking causes health problems
- What can I use for natural energy
- Am I wrong if I don't like Trump
- How do I arm DNA
- What is the formula for Paythgoras
- What does it mean to kill them all in justice
- Cell phones cause heart problems
- Difference between in smo and smm
- Is data science a good career option
- Why is food delicious
- What will die soon
- Has Arvind Kejriwal self-respect
- What is the most dangerous mycotoxin
- Is the BIT Mesra Campus safe
- Who What is important in this world
- Jogging is better than running
- The hearing decreases over time
- An MBA in Economics is a good course
- Are you sadly depressed
- SMS is more popular than calling
- Complex numbers can be negative
- How did Doctor Doom get his strength
- How do you like to sleep?
- What are the characteristics of commercial farming
- Is cannabis a cure for alcoholism
- What are professional cyclist salaries
- Why does 911 happen
- Which social media tools are synced with LinkedIn
- Why don't we make imaginary numbers real