How is three-phase electricity generated
Three-phase current explained in an easy-to-understand way
Difference between current and voltage
... precisely when no consumer is connected to the source, such as with removed batteries or sockets to which nothing (and therefore no consumer) is connected.
A good analogy to this is the closed faucet. Water pressure is applied to it (corresponds to voltage), but no water flows or "flows". If you open the tap, water flows out. If a consumer is connected to a battery, electrons flow out of one pole of the battery, through the consumer and back into the other pole of the battery.
The battery with the consumer, or generally a source with a consumer, corresponds to an open water tap.
So far, the term "source" has been used. An electricity source (e.g. battery or 230V socket) initially only represents a voltage source. Only when a consumer is connected does a current begin to flow, i.e. the voltage source becomes a voltage AND current source.
Note: In electrotechnical terminology, the terms current source and voltage source are differentiated from one another and have special meanings.
But that is going far too far here.
In everyday life it is sufficient to understand voltage as a cause and current as an effect.
In order for a light bulb to light up (= effect), a current must flow, and for this you need (as a cause) a voltage (battery, etc.).
- What is the biggest paradox in drugs
- What are 5 reasons to learn Russian?
- When the axis won World War II
- What are some jobs with marketing automation
- Planescape Torment How is Ignuss's character developed?
- What is radiology
- How's Interspire
- What would happen if all advertising stopped?
- Is Pima Community College a good school
- How do therapists live their lives
- How do I focus on physics
- Are ticks bad for dogs
- How do you start your cook
- What's wrong with Mike Pence
- Are artichokes beneficial for stomach health
- What if you stop worrying
- Why do starlings flock in autumn?
- Can replace VirtualBox Ubuntu
- What kind of website is GoDaddy
- What can Superman do about kryptonite
- How does Socrates define justice
- Which Linux distribution uses less battery power
- How did my pet rat die
- How is life at TISS Mumbai