Are radio waves in the longitudinal direction
Open vs. classic MRI machine
Special "open" MRT machines have been developed for patients with claustrophobia. The oppressive feeling should not be felt here. But why is it like that and how do the open and classic MRI machines still differ from each other?
Basic principle of the MRT machines
Magnetic resonance tomography makes use of the following basic principle: All atomic nuclei in the organism rotate around their own axis. This angular momentum is called "nuclear spin". The rotation of the nuclei creates a minimal magnetic field.
The hydrogen nuclei are important here. Under natural circumstances, the magnetic alignment of the hydrogen nuclei is purely coincidental. If, however, a magnetic field is applied from the outside, they all line up in the longitudinal direction of the body.
The MRT machine thus contains a magnetic field. In addition, coils are applied to the patient's body to increase the magnetic field. The MRT machine also emits high frequency radio waves (HF impulses) to the patient. This changes the alignment of the hydrogen nuclei in the body.
After each pulse, the hydrogen nuclei return to their original position before the position changes again. The atomic nuclei send out special signals. The computer measures these rays and then composes them into images.
You might also be interested in: Radiology Munich
- Canadians learn Spanish
- Why do human ears look like this
- Why do cats care for other animals
- Typography Which typefaces have nice commercial ampersands 1
- How insects stick to walls
- How slowly can a light go
- Via hypokaliaemia, it is a curable disease
- Why do people hunt foxes
- How do you say whatever in Korean
- What can cause excitatory neurotoxicity in humans?
- What are the famous places in Cochin
- What does single daily dose mean
- What are the CCTS Tatarstan Relationships
- Change is scary for you
- Is Zelda Link's mother
- Would you name your daughter Kessington
- What do you call people who vote?
- All cyclists use doping
- Like Arunachal Pradesh NIT
- Why is truth important to democracy
- Which German universities offer robot courses?
- How do bacteria arise 1
- What are some positive alternative rock groups
- How was your KVPY 2019 interview