Women are bald too
Topless - When women don't have hair
When she was 15 years old, Michaela from Pulheim suddenly lost the hair on her head, her eyelashes and eyebrows. In a few weeks she will be completely bald.
The autoimmune disease Alopecia Areata, which affects over 1.5 million people in Germany, is behind hair loss.
While Michaela's friends are interested in beauty topics and first love, a game of hide and seek begins for Michaela. She wears wigs, has her eyebrows tattooed and glues artificial eyelashes to her bald eyelids every day. All out of fear of being rejected because of their supposed flaw. "I've never felt beautiful. I kept trying to cover up the illness and be like the others.“When Michaela is approached by her future husband only because of her beautiful long hair, it is completely clear to her: She will never be able to show Andy without her hair.
For Kim from Bottrop, her hairlessness has become a trademark. She uses the bald head to appear as an animation artist in flashy outfits. "After the hair was gone my life just turned 180 degrees" she says. The 28-year-old no longer wants to identify with the inconspicuous girl she was before the illness "Wigs make me look very flexible.“Sometimes she appears as a fire-breathing devil and sometimes as a white-haired ice princess.
Because her first friend Annette really wanted to see her hairless, he simply tore the wig off her head. For the Duisburg woman, who wanted to keep her bald head hidden, it was a shock. Today she lives in the same house with her parents, brother and lots of animals. Even Annette didn't have a single hair all over her body within a few days, but is otherwise very healthy. "That is a blemish. People always think they are seriously ill.“Then Annette makes an appointment in a permanent make-up studio and suddenly shows herself outside without hair.
People up close accompanied the three women on their way to more acceptance for themselves and their appearance.
A film by Sara Wendhack
Editor: Angela Jaenke
As of: December 16, 2020, 4:46 pm
- Are you interested in your pension
- What is the characteristic of RPA
- Am I sexist for it?
- Are Japanese cheesecakes overrated
- What happened during the First World War
- Soldiers prefer prison to military training
- Can scientists build a time machine?
- Can you decipher the word GWEA?
- What is the theory of polarization
- Why am I attracted to boys' hands?
- Can people think intelligently without language
- Has Bruce Lee ever tried muay thai
- How was Allaudin Khilji as a ruler
- Throttles an isothermal process
- Is NCIS a real federal agency
- All white meat is healthy
- Nauru was a British colony
- What is the strategy about thought guidance
- What is the science behind photogenic faces
- Which open source companies hire engineers?
- How to say debt in Italian
- If I am useless, then I am worthless
- PHP is the best programming language
- Which technologies are chatbots based on?
- If perfection is not possible, why
- What types of intellectual disabilities are there
- What is a generic domain extension
- Can 2 souls communicate in their dreams
- How important are ladybugs
- Can people with dyslexia sing?
- Where can I buy pokeball headphones
- What is better after BCA
- Are second cousins related to blood