What is the real motive behind racism
Discrimination : Government sees no problem with racism in authorities
According to the Federal Government, there is no racism in German authorities or state institutions. The cases known up to now have so far contained “no approach for the determination of a structural problem”, according to the answer of the federal government to a small question of the parliamentary group of the left. They all refer to "subjectively perceived as unjustified police measures", in which those affected could "wrongly give the impression" that they had come into the focus of the police because of their skin color or other external characteristics.
UN reprimanded in the Sarrazin case
Germany has already been accused several times by the UN Racism Commission of not fighting racism enough. When the book author and former Berlin Senator for Finance Thilo Sarrazin did not have to answer to court for his statements against Berliners of Turkish and Arab origin, the United Nations criticized the lack of laws in Germany that would make the persecution of racism possible. Most recently, the UN Committee for the Elimination of Racist Discrimination (CERD) expressed its “concern” in May: In the case of the NSU series of murders, “the state continues to fail to recognize its own systemic shortcomings and the racist motive behind these acts” According to the UN comment on the Berlin situation report. "Institutional racism could be hiding behind this failure." It is also cause for concern “that even the report of the Parliamentary Inquiry Committee tasked with investigating the state failure makes no specific reference to racial discrimination or to the racist motive for the murders committed. Taken together, all of these elements seem to point to structural discrimination as the root cause of these problems. "
Government sees itself right through NSU report
In the answer to the small question, the Federal Government justifies with the report of the NSU Committee criticized by the UN why it sees no reason to act: “The Federal Government orientates itself in its assessment of the failings in the investigations into the acts of the National Socialists Untergrunds (NSU) on the findings of the NSU committee of inquiry. In his joint assessments (with his 47 recommendations for action), he did not find any structural / institutional racism among the investigative authorities. "
More and more processes due to racial profiling
As far as racist measures and behavior beyond the NSU complex are concerned, those affected by the government are no longer just "subjectively" convinced that they exist. The courts have found them right in several proceedings involving so-called "racial profiling". The federal police are currently defending themselves against a judgment that a dark-skinned couple from Mainz considered to be in the right. Both were the only ones on the train to be checked by the police. The extent to which such controls, aimed at external characteristics, not only by police officers but also by other representatives of the state, have a negative impact on the lives of dark-skinned citizens in Germany was recently revealed again by the trial that the Frankfurt engineer Derege Wevelsiep had initiated during the course a ticket inspection even had to take blows. In the Bundestag, the SPD MP Karamby Diaby from Halle, the first black in the German parliament, recently spoke of his experiences and the shame and resignation that usually prevents those affected from reporting racial profiling.
Left: German history warns
Left-wing MP Sevim Dagdelen called it "catastrophic that the federal government is not prepared to fight racism on an institutional level in view of the growing wave of racist violence in Germany". Dagdelen: "Against the background of German history, this is cross-dangerous."
- Why don't the countries buy each other out
- Where can I order branded chocolates online
- Toy story based on real events
- Why do some people say nukelar
- What methods of death penalty are still used?
- Should I make medicine out of Doha Qatar
- Donald Trump's impeachment is inevitable
- What is a mabolo fruit in English
- Why does Arunachal Pradesh have special privileges
- People always act rationally
- How is nephrotic syndrome diagnosed
- Where can I sell my quilling products
- What is the disadvantage of the Nikon D5600
- How does the PCD franchise work in the pharmaceutical industry
- Who licks the most in British Columbia
- Is gearbest com a scam or legitimate
- Is it good or bad to settle in India?
- How do I join Indian Customs
- How does Warren Buffett see the world
- How good works glorify God
- What is Canadian pronunciation
- Can we believe in ghosts
- How healthy is lemon meringue cake
- How are twins in a relationship
- How can I make a helicopter
- What is a protected virtual machine
- What inspired you to become a wizard?
- What does se venir mean in French?
- What was your father's best quality
- Who invented the dynamo?
- What is your favorite summer destination
- What is the Zoho One company
- What is lists to understand
- What makes an argument poisonous