What does subtext
Part of speech: noun, (male)Hyphenation:
- Sub | text, Plural: Sub | tex | te
- IPA: [ˈZʊpˌtɛkst]
- 1) the intellectual background of an utterance; that which is not directly said but is meant
- Derivation to text with the derivative (derivative morpheme) sub-
- 1) text
- 1) “The Subtext under this declaration reads: Anyone who is not rooted in this story is excluded. "
- Nominative: singular Subtext; Plural Subtexts
- Genitive: singular Subtexts; Plural Subtexts
- Dative: singular Subtext; Plural Subtexts
- Accusative: singular Subtext; Plural Subtexts
Practical example sentences
Automatically selected examples in German:
„In her speech at the Peace Forum in Paris, the Chancellor warned against isolationism and isolation. in the Subtext carried the warning of war - a weird connection. Angela Merkel should know better.“
Welt.de, November 19, 2018
„The Hindu festival of lights, Diwali, is often compared to Christmas and New Year; some customs are similar, but the mythological one Subtext of Diwali is diverse and can vary from region to region.“
NZZ Online, November 5th, 2018
„They want to “finally become really famous” - at least that's what the Subtext to the teaser for her first TV show “Shapira Shapira”.“
Meedia, March 07, 2019
„So I would always have players who are intelligent. ' in the Subtext clearly audible: Balotelli is not one of them. The statements of the former Milan coach now called Balotelli's agent Mino Raiola on the scene.“
Sport1.de, September 12, 2018
„As Subtexts they provide important, further information and explanations on (linguistic) content.“
t3n, April 03, 2019
„After Hitchcock, Ben Wheatley filmed the novel "Rebecca" for Netflix - with queer music Subtext and old-fashioned images of women.“
TAZ, October 20, 2020
„in the Subtext That meant bringing the deviants who evade the "distribution" of migrants and who do not want a debt union into line. With the latter, it failed at the first attempt.“
Vera Lengsfeld, July 21, 2020
„There is no alternative to the government's “Corona measures” - this is it Subtext media coverage, not just in Germany.“
NachDenkSeiten, October 07, 2020
„With Instagram-compatible aesthetics and coded Subtexts are Nazis looking for young people online, writes Sascha Lobo. In the podcast he takes up the reader's reactions.“
Spiegel Online, October 11, 2020
The usage examples were selected automatically and may therefore contain errors.
Thesaurus & Synonyms
- Hint: an indirect, indistinct, relatively vague reference to something; not pronounced representation
- Overtones: Tone / sound that resonates a little; the actual meaning of a word / utterance mostly negative tone of voice
- connotation: Linguistics (emotional, stylistic, judgmental) connotation of a word, resonance
- Connotation: Linguistics: one of several meanings of a word that is not taken as the main meaning; additional meaning
- Secondary tone: general: additional meaning of a statement; Linguistics has weaker stress on a syllable in a complex word compared to the main tone
- undertone: subliminal meaning of a statement; Music, physics: "as a reflection of the overtone with the fundamental tone resonating"
- hidden message
Another word (synonym) for subtext - Source: OpenThesaurus
Entries from our dictionary containing "Subtext":
Alfanzerei: ... Attractions with which the stage is splendidly populated and animated also expose the subtext of the story, the story of the victory of Christianity and civilization over ...
Subtest:… 1) “At level B2 the sub-test has a duration of 75 minutes; [...]. "1)" The subtest tests the ability to coordinate eye and hand. "Similar terms: ...
tie clip:… 1) In the nightlife, tiepins, cufflinks and money clips formed a kind of laconic subtext. 1) There's a second infamous scene in "Frenzy" when the killer ...
Narrative: an utterance related to history, which conveys both content and subtext and whose function it is to bring experiences into familiar categories. ”2)“ The narratives are thus refined, changed, and adapted
Subtexts: Part of Speech: Declined Form Syllabification: Sub | tex | te Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈzʊpˌtɛkstə] Grammatical features: nominative plural of noun subtext genitive plural of noun subtext accusative plural of noun subtext
Rate & Share
Rate the dictionary entry or share it with friends.
Quote & print
Quote this page:
"Subtext" in the online dictionary Wortbedeutung.info (May 24th, 2021) URL: https://www.wortbedeutung.info/Subtext/
Comments from users
There are currently no comments on this entry.
Complete the dictionary entry
Wortscheutung.info is a Language dictionary and is used to look up all linguistic information. It's explicit not an encyclopedia and no subject dictionary that explains content. You can add comments such as examples of use or hints on the use of the term "subtext" and thus help to improve our dictionary. Questions, requests for help and complaints are not welcome and will be deleted immediately. HTML tags are not allowed.
The following terms
Subtexts (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sub | tex | te Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈzʊpˌtɛkstə]…
Subtexts (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sub | tex | ten Pronunciation / Stress: IPA: [ˈzʊpˌtɛkstn̩]…
Subtextes (German) Part of speech: Declined form Secondary forms: Subtexts Hyphenation: Sub | tex | tes Pronunciation / stress:…
Subtexts (German) Part of speech: Declined form Subforms: Subtextes Hyphenation: Sub | texts Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
subtlety (German) Part of speech: noun, (feminine) Cases: nominative: singular subtlety; Plural subtlety genitive: ...
Subtleties (German) Part of Speech: Declined Form Hyphenation: Sub | ti | li | ta | ten Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
subtrahend (German) Part of speech: noun, (masculine) Cases: nominative: singular subtrahend; Plural subtrahend genitive: ...
Subtrahends (German) Part of speech: Declined form Hyphenation: Sub | tra | hen | den Pronunciation / Emphasis: IPA:…
- Suffering restaurant restaurants under delivery service
- Who killed Wyatt Earp
- All banks can accept the Demat account
- What does distribution mean
- Who invented the wishing well?
- Who wants some toast
- How many people voted for Obama?
- Why is my phone not playing videos
- Do you believe in friendship these days
- What is CWEI
- What does DRM-free
- Why do people hate group houses
- Why are phone apps losing their customers
- Why isn't my iPhone 7 charging?
- How many soldiers took part in the Ramayana War
- Objectivity is possible in philosophy
- What is re-marketing in digital marketing
- Drinking soda every day will lower your IQ
- What kind of visulazation is it
- How does the striking mechanism work in rifles
- Are Assamese Hindus
- How can a student like math
- Ganesha was single
- Can a narcissist fool a lie detector?
- How can Madrid be stopped against Liverpool
- Are you missing a college roommate
- How can I get IMA membership
- Should I make Virat Kohli's sketch
- What is alumni
- Muji Japanese branded products are durable
- How is a Billroth II operation performed
- Why do people love silly bands
- Will you order a pizza for me
- The Tesla share is stopped