Is the electric heater inefficient
Heating with electricity - pros and cons
In new buildings, electricity heating is normally no longer provided, the clunky radiator for the bathroom is nothing more than a relic from the old days. But: some old apartments and houses are still equipped with the unpopular power guzzlers. If switching to another heating system is not possible or is simply too expensive, the residents have to come to terms.
Electric heaters are very cheap to buy. For an average single-family house you have to reckon with around 6,000 euros, a pellet heating system costs around 12,000 euros, a heat pump system around 15,000 euros.
Advantage: cheap nighttime electricity
Normally, these are night storage heaters that convert the night electricity into heat and store it. Night electricity is usually a lot cheaper and you should therefore find out the cheapest providers and tariffs when concluding the contract. Attention: As a rule, surface storage heaters use the more expensive daytime electricity! So don't buy them.
Advantage: maintenance-free and clean
By opting for electricity, of course, you make yourself independent of the fossil fuels oil or gas. In addition, the electric heating systems are completely maintenance-free, they do not cause any dirt, save space (no heating or storage room required) and provide immediate heat. Electric heating in combination with your own photovoltaic system may be of interest.
The negative sides
Electricity is becoming more and more expensive and, due to the low level of market competition, many are tied to their basic supplier and its prices. Costs of at least 100 euros per month are to be expected in conventional single-family homes, a multiple of the alternatives. In addition, there are additional monthly fees for the separate heating cost meter, depending on the provider. Electric heaters, especially older models, are usually real energy guzzlers; retrofitting is associated with extremely high costs due to the lack of piping.
Finally pay less for heating! Do you actually know what the change to a new heating system would do for you? Let the professional calculate potential savings and show you alternatives. Make an appointment now!
- Use an insulated, energy-saving model that can store the generated heat for as long and as efficiently as possible.
- Good insulation of the external walls reduces electricity consumption.
- Radiators and fan heaters should only be used in small, closed rooms. Although they produce the desired heat very quickly, they cannot hold it. Means: electricity gone, heat gone.
Choose green electricity
It is also not that easy to choose the type of electricity generation, i.e. to switch to green electricity without great effort and thus achieve a positive environmental balance. The tariff calculator from eControl, which also shows the proportion of green electricity, is highly recommended. Perfectly insulated, low-energy houses that generate their own electricity with the photovoltaic system on the roof are of course the notable exception here.
Good alternative: infrared
Infrared heating is the ideal replacement for old night storage heaters or inefficient direct electric heaters. With quality infrared heaters, energy consumption can be reduced by up to 70%. There are now also innovative companies that offer holistic heating options with this solution.
Electric heaters are ideal for quick warmth in the transitional periods or as additional heating for quick use in small rooms.
- What is blockchain in procurement
- All amphibians have bones
- Who are some of the smartest entrepreneurs
- How do I make my parents understandable
- What rises in music
- Who introduced cricket and when
- Was someone addicted to pain killers?
- How many types of acceleration are there
- What is my ship
- How can the organizational culture influence project management
- How many mainstream retailers accept crypto
- Where can you find creative writing tips
- Do I have to stop at checkpoints?
- How does Google deliver data
- What are protective hairstyles
- Have you ever been used by others?
- What words drive liberals crazy
- What are the layers
- What are the best rap radio stations
- Should provide hardware for shared offices
- What is the recommended ginkgo biloba dosage
- What is your interview experience with PGDBA 2019
- How was Karna defeated