Which washing machine cleans the fastest?
Cleaning the washing machine: 5 ingenious home remedies. With instructions!
At the latest when the laundry is no longer properly clean or the washing machine stinks, it is time for a proper cleaning. Read here how you can use simple home remedies to clean and care for your washing machine in no time at all.
Clean the washing machine - in 5 easy steps
1. Wipe the washing machine from the outside with a damp cloth from. If necessary, you can use a little mild detergent. How to remove dust, detergent residue and other dirt.
2. Clean the Lint filter. You will need a flat container to catch water, a cleaning rag and a kitchen towel. Open the flap, which is usually located at the bottom right or left on the front of the washing machine. Let the water out of the drain hose, then remove the lint filter. The best way to clean the lint filter is under running, lukewarm water. Wipe the insertion channel with the kitchen towel.
This video shows you how to clean the lint filter:
3. Clean rubber seals: Especially on the lower rubber seals of the flap, water often collects, which can be responsible for the formation of odors. Soak up the water with a cloth, then wipe all seals with a mixture of water and citric acid. To do this, dissolve about 30 grams of citric acid in 1 liter of water.
4. Take that Detergent compartment first remove coarse soiling with a soft cloth or sponge under running water. Then put it in a bucket or in the sink and pour half a liter of vinegar or vinegar essence on it. Now add enough water to cover the drawer. Let the detergent work for a few minutes before you rinse the detergent drawer with clean water and put it back in.
5. Clean the drum of the washing machine. The easiest way to do this is to wash the machine in idle mode (i.e. without laundry) at the hottest temperature (preferably 90 degrees). If you want to clean the washing machine properly, add one of the home remedies that we will introduce to you below.
Clean the washing machine with these 5 home remedies
Baking soda: Soda is a real all-rounder in the household - also when cleaning the washing machine. Put 50 grams of baking soda in the detergent drawer and let the machine run at at least 60 degrees.
citric acid: The advantage of citric acid is the pleasant scent that it spreads through the washing machine. Put about 8 tablespoons of citric acid in the empty drum and start idling on the highest temperature. At the same time, the home remedy will descale your washing machine.(Buy citric acid here on Amazon [ANZEIGE])
Dishwasher tabs: What is good for cutlery and crockery is also suitable for the washing machine. Put a dishwasher tab into the empty washing machine drum and start a wash cycle at at least 60 degrees. The tab is also very suitable for descaling the washing machine.
baking powder: No baking soda at hand? Don't worry, the washing machine also cleans baking soda. Mix 30 grams of baking powder (2 sachets) with a little water to make a paste. Put the paste in the detergent drawer and start idling at high temperature.
soda: Like baking soda, soda is great for cleaning. You can buy washing soda, which is used to clean clothes, at the drugstore or online (AD). For the next wash cycle, add 1-2 tablespoons of soda to the detergent for quick cleaning in between. Alternatively, fill the detergent drawer with about 50 grams of the household detergent and let the machine run at the highest temperature.
Cleaning the washing machine with vinegar - is that possible?
Vinegar is actually ideal if you want to descale your washing machine. However, the acid in the vinegar can permanently attack the rubber seals and hoses of the washing machine, causing damage. In addition, vinegar usually gives off an unpleasant odor. You should therefore only clean the detergent compartment with vinegar. This is where the risk of damage is lowest.
How often should you clean the washing machine?
It is best to clean your washing machine thoroughly every 4 to 8 weeks so that stubborn deposits and calcifications don't stand a chance. You should clean your washing machine at the latest when the washing machine stinks or the laundry smells unpleasant after washing.
Also interesting: sorting laundry correctly
Prevent cleaning the washing machine: 4 simple tips
If you follow these tips, you will reduce the risk of mold, germs and debris and you will not have to clean your washing machine as often.
- Always leave the washing machine door and detergent compartment ajar so that any remaining water can evaporate.
- Correctly dose detergent and fabric softener to avoid deposits. Most of the time we use too much detergent.
- Wash regularly at high temperatures (at least 60 ° C). Towels, bed linen and underwear made of cotton, as well as cleaning rags and tea towels, can usually be washed at high temperatures without hesitation - and should also do so to kill bacteria.
- Regularly add soda to the detergent. Soda cleans laundry and washing machine and is harmless to the environment. Every now and then, add 1-2 tablespoons of the household detergent to the detergent.
>> Buy washing machine cleaners, descaler, dirt traps and more on Amazon (AD)
That is why you need to clean your washing machine
The washing machine's job is to clean clothes and other textiles. Isn't the washing machine always clean anyway? Unfortunately not! For these reasons:
Low washing temperatures: Washing cycles at 20 to 40 ° C save energy, but do not always kill all germs completely. They then stay in the washing machine and can create a smell.
Water residue: With each wash, a little water remains in the detergent drawer, on the seals and in the hoses. Unfortunately, this provides an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and mold.
Deposits: Detergent residues, hair and lint not only remain in the fluff filter, but also in the drum and the hoses. Mold and bad smells can also develop here.
Read on here: Drying laundry properly - indoors or outdoors?
- You can borrow more for your mortgage
- Is IISER suitable for medium-sized students
- How can I improve my IELTS
- Why will America never be attacked
- How are the prisons in Tennessee?
- Why can't I copy and paste into Quora?
- How are group houses
- What is core I5
- What is the best alternative to iBeacons
- What rental cars are there in LAX
- Which age groups do travel agencies use
- When are you most hypocritical
- Why do people steal bravery
- Elon Musk will buy and delete Facebook
- What did Trump do to lose Florida?
- Has anyone tried Kuwait Airways
- What are the rules for multiple apostrophes
- What are joyful music
- How web sites make money
- Has Melbourne ever been called Batmania
- Why YouTube often recommends old videos
- How is ITSS at IIITD
- What does L L
- How to say hospital in Malay