Why does our body need additional water
How much fluid does the body need?
A lack of fluids shows up quickly through various signs. Depending on the extent of the defect, this includes:
- Dry mouth, decreased saliva and urine production,
- A headache,
- Weight loss,
- decreased skin tension, swollen tongue, difficulty swallowing,
- accelerated heartbeat, increased body temperature,
- thickened blood,
- severe limitation of physical and mental performance, confusion,
- Muscle spasms as well
- Circulatory collapse.
Dehydration and possible consequences often affect older people, especially with difficulty swallowing. You can find more information under Drinking in old age.
Severe water loss can lead to serious physical damage. Without replacement of the liquid there is a danger to life. Substances that are normally excreted in the urine can no longer be adequately eliminated by the organism after two to four days.
The need for fluid is increased e.g. during physical exertion, during sport, at high or very low temperatures and during fever, vomiting and diarrhea. The body also needs more fluids during pregnancy and breastfeeding, and more should be drunk.
NoteWater is not only found in beverages, but also in various foods - especially fruits and vegetables.
Further information is available from:
- Is sodium dihydrogen phosphate dihydrate a salt
- What is a milkshake
- Who was Pazuzu according to mythology
- How does exposure therapy help troubled teenagers
- What are the design patterns in PHP
- What kind of horse is Epona
- Is Cameroon a rich country
- What is the ultimate development
- Is it possible to make Trix Muesli?
- When did your office romance become ugly?
- What is radiology
- Has anyone tried to use SSD for OCR?
- Have quorans hacked before
- What is Mississippi's Sports Team
- Why are my friends douchebags
- Which US service academy is the best
- How many private investigators does Uber
- Why can't we find a black hole
- How can someone improve their presentation skills
- What is the value of 14
- Why do some people have thin wrists?
- Do you want to be Neymar?
- How is the IIIT in Bhagalpur
- What is Trump's greatest weakness as president