What happens when light hits a prism
Refraction and spectral colors
If a light beam falls through a glass prism, the beam is refracted twice, the first time at the transition from the optically thinner to the optically denser medium (air-glass) and the second time at the transition from the optically denser to the optically thinner medium (glass-air). Different wavelengths are refracted to different degrees. If "white" light, e.g. sunlight, falls through a prism, a continuous spectrum is created which comprises around 300 color nuances that can be distinguished by the human eye. These spectral colors cannot be further split optically, which is why they are also called spectrally pure.
Refraction of white light into the spectral colors
If all the colors of the spectrum are brought together again through a lens, "white" light is obtained again. In this type of optical color mixing, the individual wavelengths are added together to form "white" light, which proves that "white" light consists of the different wavelengths of the spectrum.
Newton's particle model
As early as 1676, the physicist Isaak Newton demonstrated, both experimentally and theoretically, that "white" light was broken down into 7 different colors of the spectrum. However, Newton started from a physical model that describes light as a particle and, due to its influence, prevented the wave model, as it was represented by Thomas Young or Cristiaan Huygens (1629-1695), from being recognized for a very long time.
Young's trichromatic theory of color vision
In 1827 the English physicist Thomas Young discovered that by mixing the spectral colors red, green and blue-violet, depending on the dosage, the sensory impression of all other colors can be created.
Additive color mixing,
- How does Facebook recognize people in photos
- Know a basic French language
- Should I buy Po et crypto currency
- What does the expression Fuddy Duddy mean
- Plans Zebpay to sell Ethereum
- Where does design apply in fashion
- How does movement relieve pain?
- What are the best career opportunities in math
- Which fitness center has the most locations
- Frankincense can affect my health
- How do I sell solar energy solution
- How can we invest in international exchanges
- How do I care for the air compressor
- Can presidential campaign organizations be profitable
- Diabetes people can take Herbalife
- Russia recognizes transgender people
- Do plant cells have a plasma membrane
- Are Sonicare toothbrushes worth it
- Which books should I prefer for IMUCET?
- What is the process of cleaning grout
- Said divers make good money
- How to make fruit smoothies
- How agile are ships in space
- What is the best anti-torpedo defense